Sunday, November 30, 2008

Ignore Files and Directories in Subversion

Ignore Files and Directories in Subversion
If you work with version control systems like subversion (svn) I'm sure you can relate to the problem of having test files show up when you try to commit changes. It is actually pretty simple to tell subversion ignore directories or specific files.

You can do this by editing the svn property called svn:ignore as follows:

svn propedit svn:ignore ./some_path

When you run that command svn will open your text editor, and this is where you can define patterns or specific files to ignore. If you place a * in the property file, it will ignore all files in the directory you specified ./some_path

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can suggest to visit to you a site on which there is a lot of information on this question.

Anonymous said...

Just that is necessary.

Anonymous said...

I think, that you are not right. I am assured. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will talk.

Anonymous said...

Let's talk on this question.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion you are mistaken. Let's discuss it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

Anonymous said...

It ?is senseless.

Anonymous said...

I came to a couple of threads in this forum froma Google search; they were not useful to me, as they do not contain the answer, just the question... but then I found the answer by myself. So I tried to updatr the thread, but I'm too newbie in this forum to update suach an old thread!

Anyway, this is my solution:
I tried unpacking the installer rather than running it, to prevent messing up the system, using Universal Extractor; it works, and application starts... but the installer actually connects the application to several others application, which if not properly installed prevent main app from working (e.g. from finding audio stream in AVI file).
Installing the app by running its installer solved the problem.
[url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/dvd-creator-software/]create dvd[/url]